How to Select the Best Sc0oty
Every year the EV company launches a new scooty. Therefore, We cannot provide you with specific information without good positive feedback. However, I can offer you some general guidance on what to consider when looking for an electric scooter:
- Check the scooter’s range, which refers to how far it can travel on a single charge.
- Consider your daily commuting needs and choose a scooter with a range that meets your requirements.
- Battery capacity:
- Look for a scooter with a battery that offers sufficient capacity for your desired range.
- A larger battery capacity typically means a longer range, but it’s important to find a balance between range and the weight of the scooter.
- Charging time:
- Consider the charging time required to fully charge the scooter’s battery.
- Faster charging times can be more convenient if you have limited charging options or need to charge your scooter frequently.
- Electric scooters have different maximum speeds.
- Consider the speed limits in your area and choose a scooter that aligns with your needs and local regulations.
- Build quality and durability:
- Look for a scooter with good build quality and durability.
- Read reviews from other users to get an idea of the scooter’s reliability and long-term performance.
- Safety features:
- Check for safety features such as headlights, taillights, reflectors, and disc brakes.
- Some scooters may also offer additional safety features like anti-lock braking systems (ABS).
- Consider your budget and look for a scooter that offers good value for money based on its features, performance, and quality.
- Brand reputation:
- Research the reputation of different scooter brands and consider their track record in terms of customer satisfaction, after-sales service, and availability of spare parts.
- Test rides and reviews:
- If possible, take a test ride of the scooter you are interested in to assess its performance, comfort, and handling.
- Additionally, read reviews from trusted sources to gain insights from other users’ experiences.
- It’s important to keep in mind that the electric scooter market is constantly evolving, with new models being introduced regularly. I recommend conducting thorough research closer to your intended purchase date to ensure you have the most up-to-date information on the best electric scooters available in 2023.
Best EV scooter in India
- Based on knowledge is based on information available up until September 2022
- We cannot provide specific information on the recent electric scooters to buy in 2023 without positive feedback.
- However, I can give you a list of some well-regarded electric scooter brands that have gained popularity in recent years. When considering purchasing an electric scooter, it’s important to research and compare models from different brands to find the one that suits your specific needs. Here are some notable electric scooter brands:
- Ather 450X and Ather 450 Plus are popular models known for their performance, features, and smart connectivity.
- The Ather 450X offered a top speed of around 80 km/h, a range of up to 116 km per charge, and acceleration from 0 to 40 km/h in just 3.3 seconds.
- It came with a 2.9 kWh lithium-ion battery pack and featured a 7-inch touchscreen display with navigation, OTA updates, and various smart features.
- Ampere Vehicles is an Indian company focused on developing battery-powered vehicles
- Ampere Zeal and Ampere Magnus Pro are among the electric scooter models offered by Ampere Vehicles, providing affordable and reliable options.
- f a cost-effective, basic and simple e-scooter is what you’re after, the Primus could be worth considering
- the LFP battery does have its appeal. For most people, though, the extra Rs 8,000 that the base TVS iQube demands (in Mumbai), is well worth paying
Bajaj Chetak Electric:
- Bajaj Chetak Electric is an iconic electric scooter with a retro design and modern technology.
- the Chetak has a claimed maximum range of over 95 km, while in Sport mode, the range is limited to over 85 km on a single charge.
- According to Bajaj, the battery life is about 70,000 km and has been tested across different weather conditions, terrain, and road surfaces.
TVS iQube Electric
- TVS iQube Electric offers a sleek design, good performance, and smart connectivity features.
- TVS iQube Electric is an electric two-wheeler with a price tag ranging between Rs.1.61 to Rs. 1.61 Lakh.
- It is available in 3 variants and 11 colors.
- TVS iQube Electric can run up to 75 km/charge in a single charge.
- Hero Electric is a well-known brand in the Indian market, offering a range of electric scooters at different price points.
- Optima is available in India starting from 70.08 K
- it’s least expensive variant being CX Single Battery.
- The most expensive variant of Optima is CX Dual Battery priced at 88.85 K.
- Okinawa Praise Pro, Okinawa iPraise+, and Okinawa Ridge+ are some popular models known for their range and performance.
- The range of Okinawa PraisePro is 88 Km/Charge. This is the claimed ARAI mileage for all the variants of PraisePro
- Revolt RV400 is an electric bike that gained attention for its unique features, such as swappable batteries and smart connectivity.
- Remember to consider factors such as range, battery capacity, charging time, speed, build quality, safety features, price, brand reputation, and customer reviews when evaluating different electric scooter models.
- I recommend staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the electric scooter market as newer models may be introduced closer to 2023, offering improved features and technology.
- It’s always a good idea to research, read reviews, and test-ride different models before making a final decision.