What is a Kitchen Chimney or kitchen hood?
- it is ducting fitted right above the gas stove in the kitchen as shown in the post.
- During cooking oil, smoke, steam, and odor are generated during cooking. These things flow upward through the ducting
- The oil gets trapped in the oil collectors but smoke, steam, smoke/ black particles, and heat is exhausted of the kitchen through the duct
Working Principle of Kitchen Chimeny
- Chimneys operate based on the principle of natural circulation that hot(low-density) air rises upward and cold air pushes hot air inside the chimney
- When a chimney is filled with hot smoke or other gases, these gases rise up through the chimney
- The hot rising gas creates a pressure difference known as a draft which pulls combustion gases out of the building.
What are the benefits of a Kitchen hood?
- It is useful for your home to exhaust smoke and fumes generated from gas stoves or cooking
- Keeps the kitchen air clean and odorless
- Chimneys help recirculation of fresh air inside the kitchen
- Reduces the amount of heat while cooking: …
- Adds a style quotient.
- Make kitchen working more healthy and reliable
Where Kitchen Chimney is Installed?
- The kitchen chimney is installed just above the gas stove
- A sufficient draft must be provided to create low pressure in the duct using the fam to exhaust all flue gases
- A filter is fitted at the inlet to remove smoke and oil particles
- Installation of the chimney is shown below